Become a Tuxedo Park Community Association (TPCA) Member and give back to your community as much as it has been giving back to you!
The current community association membership fees are:
- Single yearly membership & Senior’s: $10
- Family yearly membership: $20
How a Tuxedo Park Membership benefits you:
- As a Member you are able to vote at the Annual General Meeting and Special General Meetings.
- As a Member you have an opportunity to share your opinion on how TPCA is run and what programs and events it should offer.
- Membership allows your say in local matters of importance (e.g. traffic, safety and planning and development).
- Members receive a discounted rate on facility rentals.
- Members often receive FREE or discounted ticket prices for community programs and events. Events have included: the Canada Day Breakfast, Jellybean Dances, Santa Breakfast, Yoga, Senior’s Fitness, Kids Drama Program.
- Members may receive discounts at participating local businesses.
- Members receive a custom made membership card designed by a local Tuxedo Park resident.
- Be the first to know! Members may sign up to the Community e-newsletter and receive notice of City matters affecting the Tuxedo Park Community, safety matters, upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, and the AGM.
How your Membership benefits Tuxedo Park:
- By being a Member you are supporting affordable, local programs that help keep your community healthy and attractive to old and new residents alike.
- By being a Member you help TPCA develop community programs and volunteer opportunities that encourage children to learn social and leadership skills, which help them to become responsible, productive adults.
- When Tuxedo Park is faced with a planning issue, from transportation to zoning; this community association can help protect the interests of the community.
- By being a Member, you help with the cost of maintaining community facilities, this website, putting on events and other direct costs TPCA incurs.
Ways to get your community membership:
NOW available for online purchase https://squareup.com/store/tuxedo-park-community-association
- You may check the status of your membership by visiting https://www.compusim.com/tpca/meminfo.php. Simply enter the phone number you used and the system will send an email message to the email address used on the membership application. If you did not provide a phone number on your application, you will have to contact me to get access to your information.
- If you do not have access to a computer or email account, you may phone the Community Association at 403.277.8689 and we will provide you with the necessary information.
2. New membership via the membership form in the Tuxedo Park Backyard Gazette.
3. New or renewal of membership in person at our general meetings, see event calendar for more info: http://tuxedoparkcommunity.ca/events/
Thank you for checking out our current volunteer opportunities!
To sign up for our volunteer email list (we will email periodically with specific volunteer requirements, this is a different list than our monthly eNews) fill out this form:
We have a variety of things we need help with, if you have a skill or want to learn about an area that is not listed here please contact our Volunteer Coordinator by email or phone 403-244-2418.
We are looking for volunteers of all backgrounds and levels of knowledge. If you are a skilled expert, or wanting to learn and gain experience from volunteering we can help you find a fit with us. Don’t be shy!
Tuxedo’s Current Volunteer Opportunities
** Of extremely high need!
- **Social Committee Chair- Organizing meetings with Committee members, on-boarding Social Committee volunteers, engaging volunteers, managing the Social Committee annual budget, leading some annual events, ensuring leads of other social events are on task, engage with Tuxedo Community to develop social strategy, work with board and volunteers on social strategy, providing monthly reports to the TPCA board on committee’s work.
- **Canada Day 2017 Volunteers (cooks, servers, setup, tear down, face-painters, kids games, greeters, entertainers) (volunteer time required: approx 7am to 11am on Canada Day)
- Spring Clean Up 2017 volunteers – help us weed, paint, tidy, small handy-person jobs
- **Skating Rink Lead – We hope to bring our rink back to life in 2017/2018, help lead our rink back to life!
- Hall and Yard Maintenance Helpers – always wanted to ride a lawnmower? Do you have handy person skills? Our cute hall needs your assistance (monthly volunteer time required: by project as volunteer is available)
- 2017 Santa Breakfast Planning Lead – lead our annual Dec 2017 Breakfast with Santa event, committee members are available, we just need someone to take the lead (total volunteer time required: planning starts in the Summer and leads up to December with monthly meetings, approx 4 hours a month for Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec)
- Community Photographer – Take pictures to be used in printed newsletter and digital publications, from scenery to events to commercial photography. No past experience needed. If you have current or historic pictures of our neighborhood – we would like to use them in our hall and online, please email them to us.
- Traffic Committee Chair – (monthly volunteer time required: approx 2-4 hours a month)
- Board Members – we have filled our current board positions for 2017/2018, but if you are interested in joining the board in the Spring of 2018 please reach out to us, we can get you acquainted with our association and ready for 2018. (monthly volunteer time required: approx 2-8 hours a month)
- Arts and Culture – Want to make Tuxedo more awe-inspiring! We need our local artists! (monthly volunteer time required: approx 1-3 hours a month)
- Volunteer Appreciation Leader – We are looking for someone to help recognize our volunteers (this is not a volunteer coordinator position, this is a role for someone who likes to show and plan appreciation events for past, current and future volunteers) (monthly volunteer time required: approx 1-3 hours a month)
- Community Garden Leader – For years now residents have been asking for a community garden and beautification of our park area. If you have ideas and want to lead a team of volunteers we need you! (monthly volunteer time required: approx 4-6 hours a month)
- Seniors Liaison Volunteer – Tuxedo has a large population of seniors that can be better connected and supported. If you enjoy building strong relationships, learning about the history of our community and serving our outstanding seniors this position is for you! (monthly volunteer time required: approx 1-3 hours a month)
- Bike Leader – Passionate about biking? Do you believe our community needs more bike racks, a cycling track in the park, promotion of cycling? Help us make our community bike friendly. (monthly volunteer time required: approx 1-3 hours a month)
- Parking Leader – Our community was recently granted access by City of Calgary Council to have the ability to apply for permitted parking, that could be great news to those that see our residential streets full of parked cars from our local businesses and those daily commuters travelling downtown and using Tuxedo as a Park and Ride. If you want to learn about the permitting process and be our parking expert we need you! (monthly volunteer time required: approx 2-4 hours a month)
- Communications – help with sandwich board sign distribution, writing articles etc. we can teach you if you want to learn! (monthly volunteer time required: approx 1-3 hours a month)
- Bylaws Committee Chair – our Bylaws need updating, help us revamp them and get approval from our membership (approx. volunteer time needed: 10 hours / project)
- Business Liaison – help us promote our local businesses and build relationships (monthly volunteer time required: approx 1-3 hours a month)
- Communications Committee Chair – contact the current Communications Chair for info about this position, we have a great committee, we just need an new, energetic leader! (monthly volunteer time required: approx 5-10 hours a month)
Finance Committee Members – help us with budgeting, tracking, data entry, strategic planning etc. (monthly volunteer time required: approx 2-4 hours a month) – FOUND! Communications – eNews manager and editor, we will train!– FOUND! Treasurer of the Board– FOUND! Membership Committee Chair- We are looking for someone to chair the membership committee: – FOUND! Manages annual recruitment drive. Prepares the membership list and updates records. Recruits and supervises volunteer canvassers. Reviews and prepares policy and procedures with respect to membership. Recommends fee structure to the Board Recommends strategies to increase membership.
Social Media Manager – we will train! FOUND! Facilities Committee Chair – A role that includes being a Director on the Board, and whose responsibilities will be to work with the Hall Manager and the Hall Maintenance paid contractors to ensure the Hall is functioning properly. And this role also entails helping move along building renovations and updates required. Our current Facilities Chair is staying on the board but moving into a different role, so training and support will be provided. A committee is established and likely to grow to support this role. (monthly volunteer time required: approx 4-10 hours a month) FOUND! Jelly Bean Dance Coordinator – We have recently put our Jelly Bean Dances (all ages dances) on hold as we need a new coordinator. Our dances were super fun and very well attended, we need to bring these back to Tuxedo. The coordinator will purchase food and snacks, arrange for a DJ, work with our Communications Committee to advertise the event, recruit and manage volunteers during the event. Put your stamp on this awesome community event! We need you. FOUND! Membership Committee Chairperson – work to increase Tuxedo’s memberships! FOUND!
Please email us for more information or call 403-277-8689 and leave a message with what you are interested in.