Here is our current list of volunteer roles we would love to see filled, don’t be shy! We are an open, fun and helpful team.
- Communications Committee Members – eNews manager and editor, Social Media helpers, website updates, website redesign
- Jelly Bean Dance Helpers – sell tickets at the door, sell food at the concession
- Santa Breakfast 2018 (Nov 30 & December 1st) Volunteers (cooks, servers, setup, teardown, face-painters, kids games, greeters, entertainers)
- CASINO Volunteers – February 2 & 3 at the Elbow River Casino. A variety of shifts and duties available. Sign up at https://www.volunteersignup.org/CDCMX. All volunteers will receive a thank-you gift of two free movie passes per shift!
- Community Photographer – Take pictures to be used in printed newsletter and digital publications, from scenery to events to commercial photography. No past experience needed. If you have current or historic pictures of our neighborhood – we would like to use them in our hall and online, please email them to us.
- Board Members – Are interested in joining the board in the Spring of 2019 please reach out to us, we can get you acquainted with our association and ready for 2019. (monthly volunteer time required: approx 2-8 hours a month)
- Arts and Culture – Want to make Tuxedo more awe-inspiring! We need our local artists! (monthly volunteer time required: approx 1-3 hours a month)
- Volunteer Appreciation Leader – We are looking for someone to help recognize our volunteers (this is not a volunteer coordinator position, this is a role for someone who likes to show and plan appreciation events for past, current and future volunteers) (monthly volunteer time required: approx 1-3 hours a month)
- Senior’s Liaison Volunteer – Tuxedo has a large population of seniors that can be better connected and supported. If you enjoy building strong relationships, learning about the history of our community and serving our outstanding seniors this position is for you! (monthly volunteer time required: approx 1-3 hours a month)
- Bike Leader – Passionate about biking? Do you believe our community needs more bike racks, a cycling track in the park, promotion of cycling? Help us make our community bike friendly. (monthly volunteer time required: approx 1-3 hours a month)
- Parking Leader – Our community was recently granted access by City of Calgary Council to have the ability to apply for permitted parking, that could be great news to those that see our residential streets full of parked cars from our local businesses and those daily commuters travelling downtown and using Tuxedo as a Park and Ride. If you want to learn about the permitting process and be our parking expert we need you! (monthly volunteer time required: approx 2-4 hours a month)
- Communications – help with sandwich board sign distribution, writing articles etc. we can teach you if you want to learn! (monthly volunteer time required: approx 1-3 hours a month)
- Business Liaison – help us promote our local businesses and build relationships (monthly volunteer time required: approx 1-3 hours a month)
- Finance Committee Members – help us with budgeting, tracking, data entry, strategic planning etc. (monthly volunteer time required: approx 2-4 hours a month)
- Hall and Yard Maintenance Helpers – always wanted to ride a lawnmower? Do you have handy person skills? Our cute hall needs your assistance (monthly volunteer time required: by project as volunteer is available)
Email us for more info.