Tuxedo Park Community Association wants to see people gathering, connecting and experiencing fun! We have been working very hard at developing the following programming at very little or no-cost to our residents and neighbors. Please join us!
For more info on any of the programs below please contact Shannon by email or 403-277-8689
Everyone inside and outside our community are welcome to attend our programs.
Yoga Flow **Changes happening as of Monday, May 15 2017**:
- 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Monday (except long-weekends)
- Free for members, residents and non-residents can purchase memberships, click here to purchase a membership
- A great class to get moving and connecting to breath. The flow of postures will keep you on your toes as you explore natural movement of the body and expand your practice with lots of modifications to compliment your comfort level. Suitable for beginner to intermediate practitioners.
Yin Restorative Yoga
- 7:45pm – 9:00pm – Mondays, May 15th – June 26th, no class May 22nd
- 6 Class Registered Series, $30 for Resident Members ($5 per class), $36 for Non-Resident Members ($6 per class), or $10 Drop In
- This 6-class series will allow you to explore each posture in a supported way with more time for reflection and relaxation. A great way to wind down your day with longer, static holds, using blocks and straps for support. For anyone wanting more hands-on adjustments from the teacher, detailed alignment, and a better understanding of each posture. Suitable for beginner to intermediate practitioners.
- Register here. Or call or email Shannon 403-277-8689
- Tuesdays, 10:30am-11:30am (arrive early to sign waivers).
- FREE, all welcome
- Space is Limited
- For more info call 403-276-8986
Walk 15 Fitness with Nancy
- 9:00am – 10:00am, Mondays
- Arrive early to sign waivers
- Free, membership encouraged, all welcome
- Whether in our 40’s or our 70’s, we can feel in our prime of life at any age, and staying active as we grow older is a key to maintaining mobility and independent living. Walk 15® is a low-impact, walking-based group fitness class that’s easy to follow yet effective in results – it’s an exercise program that virtually anyone can do. Our 15-minute mile is the foundation of the program, and we use the best features of low-impact, aerobic style group exercise in a format set to music that makes working out fun. It’s new. It’s different. It’s exciting!
After School Program (ran by the City of Calgary)
- Starts Sept 20, 2016 runs to May 25, 2017
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:15pm-6pm
- Description: The City of Calgary presents a FREE program for ages 6 – 12. Tuxedo Calgary After School Program focuses on developing friendships, supporting positive self-esteem, and increasing selfconfidence. The program is supervised by trained and qualified City of Calgary Recreation Leaders who build strong relation-ships with participants by providing fun and interactive activities. During program, participants will play games, learn how to make a variety of crafts and have fun!
- Contact Alina to register (drop in is also possible) Alina.Dulaney@calgary.ca or (403) 476-7225
Kids Drama Program
- Sept 13 2017 – Dec 6 2017
- 5:30-6:15pm ages 4-7
- 6:30-7:30pm ages 8+
- To register call or email Shannon 403-277-8689
Finances 101 with Jill (CPA)
- Wednesdays 6:30pm-7:30pm, free to attend, all welcome
- October 26 2016 – Ten Healthy Habits of Financial Management
- November 23 2016 – Saving Strategies: Easy Concept, Difficult Reality
- January 18 2017 – Are You a Good Financial Role Model?
- February 15 2017 – Effective Tax Strategies
- March 15 2017 – How to Teach Your Kids About Money
- April 12 2017 – Identity Theft Protection
- May 24 2017 – Planning for Retirement
- June 7 2017 – Estate Planning
- If you would like to register ahead of time (no cost) please email Shannon, drop ins are also welcome!
To register or for more information contact us by email or 403-277-8689